On January 11, 2022, the Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) issued guidance updating the comprehensive preventive care and screening guidelines for women, adolescents, children, and infants.
Effective plan years beginning in 2023 self-insured and fully-insured group health plans will be required to cover a number of new items and services as preventive care without a participant co-pay or deductible including, but not limited to:
- Obesity Counseling for Women Between the Ages of 40 to 60 Years of Age
- Additional Contraceptive Items and Services
- Double Electric Breast Pumps
- Suicide Risk Screenings for Individuals Ages 12 to 21
- Risk Assessment for Cardiac Arrest or Death for Individuals Ages 11 to 21
- Risk Assessment for Hepatitis B Infection for Newborns to 21 year-olds