On March 21, 2017, Jonathan B. Wilson spoke on the topic "Brewery and Distillery Business Entity Selection, Formation, Finance and Insurance" from 9:00 AM-10:00 AM at the National Business Institute Seminar in Smyrna, Georgia.
The brewing and distilling industries are rapidly growing, but complex state and federal regulations are ever-present obstacles to startups and established businesses. The program taught attendees how to help clients build a solid business, minimize liability, and navigate the licensing, labeling and tax reporting challenges along the way.
Wilson will touched on the following topics:
- LLC vs. Partnership vs. Corp,
- Tax Considerations,
- Operational Issues,
- Documentation and State Filing Requirements,
- Structuring, Management and Governance,
- Insurance Concerns,
- Drafting and Negotiating Formation Agreements,
- Crowdfunding and Other Financing Challenges, and
- Language for Employee Handbooks and Policies.