On September 4, 2019, Van Lindberg spoke at the 3rd Annual Autolex: Autonomous Vehicle Legal Forum hosted by Benchmark Litigation and Managing IP.
Mr. Lindberg discussed what role open source plays in advancing autonomous vehicle technology. Topics included:
- the kinds of IP being opened up – source code and patents,
- who is driving open source, who is jumping on board,
- how automotive and mobility companies use open source,
- why these companies are turning to open source, and
- how open source might impact the different types of market models and monetization models for AV and mobility companies.