On Thursday, June 3, Amanda Hyland joined a panel of industry leaders for a discussion on, "Partnering for Equity: Leveraging the In-house Law Firm Relationship to Accelerate Change and Equity," at the Women in Law & IP Virtual Summit.
The Women in Law & IP Virtual Summit explored the career obstacles, risks and rewards on the path to a fulfilling and productive career for women lawyers – particularly when practicing in intellectual property and technology hubs.
Hyland's panel explored:
- Creating alliances between in-house and outside counsel to promote change
- Identifying the unique factors which differentiate the IP sector from other areas or the legal profession
- Addressing the ways in which in-house counsel influence law firms to increase its efforts to recruit, develop and retain diverse talent
- How to view diversity programs at large, mid-market and Boutique firms
- Examples of diversity programs in-house and at Law firms